Program Training Plan
Enrollment Available to: Adults ONLY
The PALS course is designed to provide pediatric health care providers with the knowledge and skills necessary to efficiently and effectively manage critically ill infants and children and help improve outcomes. The course is aimed at professionals who must have credentials as a requirement for doing their jobs. This course covers: recognition and treatment of infants and children at risk for cardiopulmonary arrest, the systematic approach to pediatric assessment, effective respiratory management, defibrillation and synchronized cardioversion, intraosseous access and fluid bolus, and effective resuscitation team dynamics.
Thanksgiving Point Campus
|Tuition||$2.00/per enrollment hour|
|Adult Cost||$28.00 Tuition + $90 Fees = $118.00|
|Extra Supply Cost||Students will have to purchase a required current PALS provider manual.|
|Certifications||MATC Recognition of Training (RoT) in P.A.L.S.; Industry Certification: • AHA: PALS Certification|
Program dates, times, tuition and fees are subject to change.
(High school students qualify for free tuition only until they or their class graduates high school)
Training Materials Cost:
Students must complete the pre-course evaluation and pre-test found in the course textbook, before the first day of class. It is available at any MATC bookstore.
Current PALS Provider Course Manual: $47.00
Program Length14 Hour Course • 2 Days
• Students must be 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in high school to enroll in the ACLS or the PALS Certification courses.
• Current BLS for Health care Providers Card (must present on the first day of course. If you are not current in BLS, you will not be allowed to take this course).
• Students must complete the pre-course evaluation and pre-test found in the course textbook, before the first day of class. It is available at any MATC bookstore.
• A maximum of 18 students per session and a minimum of 6 students is required to carry the class. If the enrollment numbers are not met the course dates, times, and locations may be changed or the course may be dropped.
2013 Summer/Fall PALS Training Sessions Schedule
|Thanksgiving Point||Jul. 19, 2013 -- Jul. 20, 2013||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Oct. 18, 2013 -- Oct. 19, 2013||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
2014 Spring/summer PALS Training Sessions Schedule
|Thanksgiving Point||Jan. 10, 2014 -- Jan. 11, 2014||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Apr. 18, 2014 -- Apr. 19, 2014||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Jul. 18, 2014 -- Jul. 19, 2014||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
COURSE SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
This 14 hour course is a two day course that is available as long as minimum enrollment numbers are met.
AHA CERTIFICATION CARD:
Students will receive a certification card from the American Heart Association, along with a MATC Recognition of Training Certificate, as proof of their training. The cost of the AHA card is included in the course fees.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR:
• Physician Assistants (PA)
• Respiratory Therapists
• Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics
• Emergency room, family, and other physicians
• Other providers required to initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies
Please see our Refund Policy.