Program Training Plan
Enrollment Available to: Adults ONLY
The ACLS course builds on the foundation of lifesaving Basic Life Support (BLS) for Health care Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac-arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology. Skills are taught in large-group sessions and small-group learning and testing stations where case-based scenarios are presented. This course covers: ACLS algorithms, immediate post-cardiac-arrest care, airway management, rhythm recognition, high quality CPR, 1st-rescuer CPR AED, effective resuscitation team dynamics, megacode treatment, and identification and initial care of other life-threatening clinical situations.
Thanksgiving Point Campus
|Tuition||$2.00/per enrollment hour|
|Adult Cost||$28.00 Tuition + $65 Fees = $93.00|
|Extra Supply Cost||Students will have to purchase a required current ACLS provider manual.|
|Certifications||MATC Recognition of Training (RoT) in A.C.L.S.; Industry Certification: • ACLS Certification|
Program dates, times, tuition and fees are subject to change.
(High school students qualify for free tuition only until they or their class graduates high school)
Training Materials Cost:
Students must complete the pre-course evaluation and pre-test found in the course textbook, before the first day of class. It is available at any MATC bookstore.
Current ACLS Provider Course Manual: $47.00
Program Length14 Hour Course • 2 Days
• Students must be 18 years of age or older and not enrolled in high school to enroll in the ACLS or the PALS Certification courses.
• Current BLS for Health care Providers Card (must present on the first day of course. If you are not current in BLS, you will not be allowed to take this course).
• Students must complete the pre-course evaluation and pre-test in the course textbook, before the first day of class.
• A maximum of 18 students per session and a minimum of 6 students is required to carry the class. If the enrollment numbers are not met the course dates, times, and locations may be changed or the course may be dropped.
2013 Summer/Fall ACLS Training Sessions Schedule
|Thanksgiving Point||Jun. 21, 2013 -- Jun. 22, 2013||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Sept. 20, 2013 -- Sept. 21, 2013||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Dec. 13, 2013 -- Dec. 14, 2013||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
2014 Spring/Summer ACLS Training Sessions Schedule
|Thanksgiving Point||Mar. 14, 2014 -- Mar. 15, 2014||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
|Thanksgiving Point||Jun. 20, 2014 -- Jun. 21, 2014||Fri. -- Sat.||8:00am - 4:00pm w/ 1 hour lunch|
COURSE SCHEDULE AND AVAILABILITY:
This 14 hour course is a two day course that is available as long as minimum enrollment numbers are met.
AHA CERTIFICATION CARD:
Students will receive a certification card from the American Heart Association, along with a MATC Recognition of Training Certificate, as proof of their training. The cost of the AHA card is included in the course fees.
THIS COURSE IS INTENDED FOR:
• Physician Assistants (PA)
• Respiratory Therapists
• Nurses, Nurse Practitioners and Paramedics
• Emergency room, family, and other physicians
• Other providers required to initiate and direct advanced life support in pediatric emergencies
Please see our Refund Policy.